Terms and conditions
- Bookings are non-refundable but can be transferred to another date up to 5 days prior to your visit, subject to availability. Please note that there will be an administration fee of £10 per booking for any changes which require amendments by our administration team, due to the administration time involved.
- Cancellation of a booking will incur a full cancellation charge – no refunds will be given.
- The timing and sequence of the activities that make up the Event is at the sole discretion of our management.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any activities due to situations which are outside of our control, for example- but not limited to, extreme weather conditions.
- If you arrive after your allocated time slot for our Christmas experience, we will try to provide an additional time slot for you subject to availability. If we are able to provide an alternative slot, this may incur a wait for you. If not, you will have entry to the lodge and access to the activities, no refund will be given.
- Not all families are the same and for the Christmas Event at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge and these Terms and Conditions, a “Child” is someone aged between 2 years and 12 years old (inclusive), an “Adult” is someone aged 13 years or over and a “Baby” is someone aged up to and including 24 months. The ages relate to the time of visiting the Experience rather than at the time you make your booking.
- Babies – Children under 2years old can visit a Blithbury Reindeer Lodge Christmas Event free of charge. However, they will not receive a toy gift from the Elves Workshop.
- We offer free admission during ‘Christmas After School Play’ only; for carers accompanying those who are registered disabled and require 1-2-1 care. We just ask for proof of disability such as a Blue Badge; Statement of Education Needs from a LEA or LHS or letter from a medical professional on NHS headed paper, in order to offer these places. Please contact us on 01889 504 300 if you wish to request a free carer admission ticket (activities and refreshments are payable)
- Photographs cannot be taken in the Grotto area or in the Sleigh ride area.
- Car parking is free at the Lodge; however, it is limited so we ask that you follow the instructions of our staff and where possible car share with other members of your party arriving on the day.
- If the Reindeer Lodge is temporarily closed due to inclement weather or for other unexpected reasons we will endeavour to offer another date (subject to availability) or refund.
If the Reindeer Lodge is open and you are unable to travel, no refund will be given. We will endeavour to offer you another date (subject to availability)
We will not accept any other liability for out of pocket expenses or disappointment or inconvenience.
Parts of your visit to this event are outdoor; no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
- We hope that you do not have any complaints when visiting Blithbury Reindeer Lodge, but if you do, we would like to have the opportunity to try to resolve this for you during your visit, as we want this to be a magical experience for all our visitors. If you have any concerns it is important that you speak with a staff member during your visit.
If you feel that the issue has not been resolved, you would need to email or write to us within five days of your visit to the contact details provided on the contact us page. This will allow us to investigate your complaint thoroughly. Any complaints received outside of this timescale, or not raised on the day of your visit may not be considered. Complaints raised on any social media platform including but not exclusive to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Trip Advisor and Google will not be dealt with.
- We will make every effort to ensure that your visit is a memorable one for you and other visitors. However, we cannot be liable for distress caused by circumstances beyond our control including, any emotional distress or disappointment caused by employees who are engaged in playing of characters including, but not limited to, if any child loses his or her belief in Father Christmas for any reason as a result of visiting the Christmas Event.
General Terms and Conditions
- Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, safety fences and decorative sleighs is strictly prohibited. Where logs are provided for seating, it is the responsibility of parents, guardians or teachers to ensure that children do not walk or jump on the logs.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge. There is a smoking area located off site and away from any wooden buildings.
- No dogs are to be brought onto Blithbury Reindeer Lodge, with the exception of guide or hearing dogs.
- No food or drinks can be consumed at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge, unless purchased onsite. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies.
- Handwashing facilities are provided around the site along with hand sanitiser gel. It is the responsibility of the parents, grandparents, teacher or guardian to ensure that your family uses these facilities after contact with the animals and before handling food.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or remove from the Lodge, anyone who acts in a manner which is likely to cause offence or lack of enjoyment to others. This includes, but is not limited to, being (or appearing to be) drunk, being under the influence of illegal substances, exhibiting abusive, threatening or anti-social behaviour, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances. Alcohol and illegal substances are not permitted to be brought on to the site of Blithbury Reindeer Lodge.
- Non-professional photography and video recording is permitted in certain areas at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge. The Reindeer love having their pictures taken, so we actively encourage it! All images and videos must be for non-commercial use only. Commercial or editorial photography is prohibited without prior permission. Accreditation must be requested.
- We cannot monitor the taking of personal/non-professional photography during your visit, therefore we cannot be responsible if you or any other visitors (including children) are featured in a photograph or recording taken by someone else and which is subsequently published or distributed in any form.
- Blithbury Reindeer Lodge accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles, contents or property during your visit. We politely suggest that you leave all valuables at home, we cannot accept liability for any loss or theft which may occur.
Toddlers and Tots Soft Play
Rules of Play
- All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, over the age of 18, who must remain within the building at all times. Blithbury Reindeer Lodge does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
- Parents / guardians must:
- Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
- Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
- Only children who are under 120cm in height may play.
- Children should use the toilet and wash their hands before entering the play area.
- Children should leave badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the play area. Socks must be worn AT ALL TIMES, by both children and adults.
- Age restrictions vary dependant on the play zone that visitors are using. These are in place for the safely and enjoyment of all children. All under 5’s must be accompanied by an adult on the main/junior play frame.
- Play may be restricted to 20 minutes during peak times.
- Children and adults are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts on the play equipment, to minimise risk of personal injury. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
- For their own safety, we ask that you ensure your children do not climb the slide, or play in front of the slide exits.
- No sharp objects may be taken into the play area.
- It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure.
- No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
- It is forbidden to smoke anywhere at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge.
- Children who are unwell, or who have recently been unwell, should not use the Soft Play Area. Children who become unwell whilst at Blithbury Reindeer Lodge, must leave the Lodge immediately.
- Balls from the ball pit or other objects must not be thrown at each other.
- Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards Blithbury Reindeer Lodge Staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
- In the interests of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
- Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
- Please report any damage to Blithbury Reindeer Lodge property to a member of staff.
- Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in either the toilets or designated baby change room. Please ensure all nappies are placed in the correct bin provided.
- No food or drinks can be consumed on site unless purchased from the Blithbury Reindeer Lodge. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year.
- Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself.
- Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
- We suggest that you leave all valuables at home. Blithbury Reindeer Lodge cannot accept liability for any loss or theft that may occur.
- Blithbury Reindeer Lodge reserves the right to refuse entry to the soft play area at any time. On occasion our play areas are booked to capacity for children's parties. In these cases we may refuse entry to other customers for safety purposes.
The Blithbury Reindeer Lodge team supervise the play equipment to help maximise your children’s enjoyment from the play experience, they are not a replacement for parental supervision. Parents/Guardians should note that whilst every consideration has been given for the safety of children using the play centre, Blithbury Reindeer Lodge cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment!